For the past few years, corporates prefer online learning for their organizational training's. What could be the reason behind this rising popularity?
There are plentiful reasons but the prime one is the fact that online learning courses give flexibility to learners to study and learn on “my time”. Though this flexibility might result in the aberration of learners from the learning process leading to poor performance, a key factor to the student success is the “self-direction”.
By employing a few important strategies, any employee can learn not only to succeed, but to flourish in the online learning environment.
Since no two courses are the same, there are some definite things you can anticipate from the online learning experience. There are specific key practices that make online courses effective for learners. These learners are motivated, great at making connections, and, of course, have access to online materials.
Let’s look at some of the most effective online learning strategies:
- Active participation in learning process- Learners proactively read materials, course content and conduct additional research, reaching out to other learners and instructors. This helps them acquire regular feedback and apply the same in future coursework for performance improvement.
- Building Network- Positive online leaners know the significance of making connections. They build up connections through collaborative activities, asking questions, and keeping in touch with their mates. By the virtue of active participation, learners can build relations with one another. One of the greatest thing is geographical limitations vanish and learners build personal and professional relations across cities and the globe.
- Being open-minded- Some people are introvert and do not speak during classroom training's. These learners are more comfortable conveying their thoughts and opinion online. E-Learning can abolish some visual and live hurdles that might obstruct learners from being communicative. This facilitates a community of openness.
- Have a fixed study time- Online learning becomes more effective if we set aside our study time so that social media or busy schedules do not hamper the learning process. It is always great to have consistent work place and time, turning of interruptions such as social media, avoiding internet surfing etc.
- Planning is the key- You must have a predictable schedule to allocate time for your online learning course. Pace yourself so that you do not procrastinate. Plan a study time for each week allotting fixed number of hours.